Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SYNC First Impressions

I've used SYNC to access music and podcasts on a USB drive. This works fairly well. I'm still getting used to how the drive is processed by the sound system, but it is well described in the Manual.

Today, I bought a new phone (my four year-old phone did not have Bluetooth). It was easy to "pair" the phone and the car. After that, it was easy to download the contacts in the phone to SYNC. I used this to call my father who said it sounded good. Sound quality was very good. I also like how I can check the signal strength and battery charge through the console interface. The only issue so far is that the volume of the call was enough down from the volume of the voice prompts which leads to a bit of a surprise when the next prompt is generated. I suspect there is a way to adjust this. I will be reading both the SYNC and the new phone manuals.

I continue to be very happy with this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment