Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First fill-up

Odometer: 677.9
Tank Mileage: 526.8
Gallons Added: 14.974
Long-Term Average: 29.7
Monthly Average: 36.6
Calculated Average: 35.2

I had to drive to Dayton, Ohio today. I spent most of the 200 miles driving into a quartering headwind. As I neared Dayton, the was a bong and the left-most part of the instrument panel changed to a Low Fuel Warning. This was apparently triggered when the Miles to E hit 50 miles. I filled with 30 Miles to E for a Full Tank Range of 556 miles. When I turned the car on after filling, there were 551 miles to E.

This is quite encouraging. I will be done with the break-in period of 1000 miles when I next fill the car. I had a significant tailwind on the return trip. Both segments of the trip home showed over 40 mpg. We'll have to wait for the next fill to see the full impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment