Friday, April 16, 2010

Settling in

Odometer: 2235.5
Tank Mileage: 553.2
Gallons Added: 14.697
Long-Term Average: 35.7
Short-Term Average: Oops!
Calculated Average: 37.6

Collecting the data needs to get better. I forgot to record the Short-Term value. I was either 38.4 or 38.5, but I don't remember which. There was still 54 miles estimated to E for a tank range of 607. The estimate for full tank range after the fill was 643 miles.

The last quarter tank seems to be smaller. At least, there miles to go seems to be reduced at a faster rate than miles driven. At the peak, there was more than 640 miles in the estimated tank range. This started to be reduced noticeably in the last quarter tank. I'm now paying attention to miles driven in each quarter. I don't know yet if I just had a significant headwind or something. I am used to gas gages being non-linear. I just don't want to get caught out by an overly optimistic range estimate. The manual tells me there is some fuel left at E, but I really do not want to find out how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment