Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Month

Odometer: 4037.7
Tank Mileage: 598.9
Gallons Added: 15.924
Long-Term Average: 38.9
Short-Term Average: 38.9
Calculated Average: 37.6

The nearly 16 gallons added to this tank represents the largest amount of fuel added in a fill-up. As I had only 4 "miles to E", this agrees with the suggestion that "E" is reached with about 1.5 gallons in the tank. I don't plan to deliberately test that theory (or find out how much of that I can actually use), but it is good that there is some consistency between theory and practice.

I am filling with "miles to E" left having driven more than 50 miles since the 50 mile warning. I'm real happy that this is case and I hope this stays reliable. I will likely do some work on getting a feel for the "real" distance to E at 100 "miles to E".

So far the first estimate after a fill-up seems to be a bit high versus the calculated range (miles driven plus final "miles to E"). I've not determined what value the car is using to calculate "miles to E". I need more data and the reset earlier may have added an additional unknown into the system.

Finally, I drove just over 4000 miles in the first month. At 3 weeks, I was still over 1000 miles a week. Last weekend was the first without significant driving. I actually went eight days before I had to fill the tank. I really like being able to easily cover over 500 miles between gas station visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment