Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bolder Boulder Road Trip - Day 3

Miles Driven: 448.3
Average MPG: 38.8

Today's goal was to arrive in Boulder, CO. Along the way, 11 counties were run in 3 states. It was a good day, but I was getting tired by the time I got to the Interstate in Limon, CO.

I was very surprised that the Tomtom GPS did not have the hotel I was staying at in its database. I had it set for Boulder, CO. After filling in Limon, I used the SYNC Services option to get directions to the hotel. This worked very well. I spent part of the run into Boulder talking with my father using SYNC. Directions were announced with a tone and shown in the display in the center of the dashboard. Normally, this would be announced by voice in addition to the tone and display.

I prefer map-based guidance, but the SYNC directions are very usable and have been perfectly reliable. On this trip, there were two failures of the recently updated Tomtom with the currently available map data.

No comments:

Post a Comment