Tuesday, June 1, 2010

RTFM

Odometer: 10134.5
Tank Mileage: 556.7
Gallons Added: 14.667
Long-Term Average: 39.5
Short-Term Average: 39.5
Calculated Average: 37.9

At 10,000 miles, the "oil service soon" message became "oil service required". (I have this scheduled for Thursday after I get home.) While recording my numbers, I discovered something useful. The Reset button on the steering wheel will acknowledge the message. For the oil messages, they go away. For the low-fuel messages, an icon is added next to the temperature gage. I never thought to look in the book to see about how to get back to the normal display of temperature, but I'm sure it is in there. This works well enough for me and removes the annoyance factor related to the announcements.

This tank was pure Interstate except for getting to the hotel, food, and gas. The wind was significant and almost a 90 degree crosswind for most of the tank. Running with cruise control in hilly terrain between 70 and 75 mph didn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment