Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Couple Records

Odometer: 10806.7
Tank Mileage: 672.2
Gallons Added: 16.371
Long-Term Average: 40.3
Short-Term Average: 40.9
Calculated Average: 41.1

Part of this tank was the final drive home. This was about 400 miles all Interstate running between 65 and 70 mph. The balance of the tank was my normal commute during the remainder of the work week.

First record is the distance driven between fill-ups. This beats the previous best by over 30 miles. The second record is the calculated average for this tank. This beats the previous best by over .5 mpg.

The other event was the 10,000 mile service point. I learned that the local dealer I went to doesn't appear to understand "give me the 10,000 service". The book calls for tire rotation, oil & filter change. Apparently, I have to specifically ask for each part of the service. All I got was the oil and filter change. I got it for free, so I can't complain too much. I also mentioned the display reset, but they were unable to find any information on this from Ford. They had never heard of it. Sounds like the same that everyone else online is hearing. I hope they are willing and able to pass my report back to Ford. I may give a dealer closer to where I work a chance at my service points when 20,000 rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment