Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Riding high

Odometer: 18342.2
Tank Mileage: 686.1
Gallons Added: 16.419
Long-Term Average: 41.6
Short-Term Average: 41.6
Calculated Average: 41.7

Just a touch further than the last miles driven record. More exciting is a new tank mileage record. While I truncate the values in the summary, I do record them in a more detail personal log. My new record tank average is 41.79 mpg. This includes an Interstate trip to Dayton for the the weekend, running around base while there and my normal commute on either side.

There was one exceptional leg. I had to go into work early Monday morning after I drove home from Dayton. I averaged 54.7 mpg over 25 miles on the short route that minimizes Interstate travel. Having almost no other traffic and most traffic lights flashing yellow really helped.

The 3-tank and 5-tank averages were also records, but I don't have them handy at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment